We Solve Problems with Selection and
Operation of Home Weather Stations
Let us help make your experience with home weather stations
happy and rewarding.
An understanding of your local weather is very easy to obtain
these days. From traditional thermometers and barometers
to state of the art multi-sensor wireless weather stations,
observing, interpreting and forecasting local weather patterns
has never been simpler.
Many people have found that a strong understanding of weather derived from their home weather stations
will spill over into broader interests in the natural world,
because weather observation is not just a self-contained
At the very least, the combination of your observations with the
articles in this growing site, will improve your weather
predicting skills. Maybe to the point where it will help you to
avoid some of those family outings ruined by unexpected changes
in the weather.
Home weather stations, whether simple or sophisticated, provide
information that is often not covered by weather forecasting
or reporting services . To get the most enjoyment from your
weather equipment, three major questions will need to be
1. Which type of weather recording equipment will let you achieve your aims? -
constantly recording but without a memory;
or top of the range digital weather stations.
2. How to identify the best instruments to match your plans, at the best value.
3. How to make the most of your weather station by
increasing your understanding of weather, including the relationship between weather and climate, and the causes of extreme weather events, such as tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes or severe electrical storms.
This site will help you to arrive at the answers you need to make informed decisions on all three points, and we promise that we will keep the technical talk to an absolute minimum. After all, you won't need to know the detailed physics of a temperature sensor to appreciate that the overnight outside temperature has just reached a record low.
But we don't intend to restrict the site just to home weather stations and your local weather. As
your experience grows, so will your interest in the many ways
weather shapes our lives on a regional or global basis. So you
will also be able to find articles on;
1. Improving your weather forecasting skills by observation of wind directions and cloud types and patterns
2. Comparisons of internet and TV weather services - who
provides the best information and content
3. The best sources of books, photos, posters, videos and DVDs on weather and extreme weather events
4. How, when and where to take great weather photos and
videos of your own
5. Where to find the best children's educational material on weather (in the unlikely event that you can't answer all their questions yourself)
6. Information on some of the more specialised branches of weather forecasting such as marine and aviation weather
7. Up to date reviews on climate change and global warming
8. And some of the more technical subjects such as weather satellites, weather radar, and space weather.
Although the study of weather, or meteorology, is a fully
fledged science, the fundamentals can be explained quite simply.
And that is what this site will do.
Interest in weather is almost universal, and the information
gained from home weather stations, combined with relevant
background knowledge, will provide you with a lifelong interest
that just might take you in some unexpected and rewarding
This site is a work in progress, and will continue to grow for
many months to come. Call back occasionally and see how we are
going. You'll always be welcome.
- Finding Your Ideal Home Weather Station; Your Options
- There has never been a better time to buy a home weather station. Here's how to evaluate the options and find the best home weather station for you
- Davis Weather Stations
- There are now two impressive Davis Weather Stations - the extremely user friendly Vantage Vue and its big brother, the Vantage Pro2
- Finding the Best of La Crosse Weather Stations
- La Crosse Weather Stations - A Complete Range from Basic to Professional. But how do La Crosse Weather Stations compare with other brands, and which is your best choice?
- The Best Oregon Weather Station for you
- The Oregon Weather Station - From basic to professional systems. So how does the Oregon range compare with other brands, and is there an Oregon Weather Station just right for you?
- The Acu-Rite Weather Station
- The Acu-Rite Wireless Weather Station The Acu-Rite Weather Station is aimed at the novice weather station owner.
- Thermor Weather Station
- The Thermor DG950 Home Weather Station Reviewed. The Thermor DG950 appeared in 2004 as a relatively cheap, fully functional home weather station.
- Peet Brother's Ultimeter - a Different Approach to Home Weather Stations
- Can the Ultimeter Survive in a Wireless Weather Station World? Three Ultimeter models are available, and provide some different answers for home weather observers
- Rainwise Weather Stations - Strong, Accurate and Dependable
- Rainwise Weather Stations - among the best for accuracy and reliability. But how well do Rainwise Weather Stations compare to their competition?
- WeatherHawk Weather Stations - Rugged and Reliable
- WeatherHawk Weather Stations are ideal for challenging environments. Industry grade components and robust construction provide great reliability, particularly in remote locations.
- Capricorn Weather Stations - Fixed, Mobile or Portable?
- Are Capricorn Weather Stations a good choice for home use? Capricorn Weather Stations are designed for long term agricultural, industrial and emergency services use.
- Maximum Weather Instruments Combine Precision With Style
- Maximum Weather Instruments - Tradition Meets Modern Electronics. Maximum Weather Instruments are an example one path in the development of home weather stations.
- Weather Stations And Education
- Wireless Weather Stations In Schools - The easy introduction to Math, Physics, Geography....
- Careful Weather Station Set Up is Critical to Long Term Enjoyment
- Careful weather station set up is the key to rewarding weather observation. Time spent in preparation will save you from future problems and frustration.
- Lightning Detectors Provide Early Thunderstorm Warning and Save Lives
- How do Lightning Detectors Save Lives? Good lightning detectors, used sensibly, greatly reduce the risk of personal lightning strike by providing timely warning of approaching thunderstorms
- Weather Radio Facts and Reviews
- How to Select the Best Weather Radio for Your Needs. Selecting the right weather radio is easy, once you know how the service works and which radio features are the most useful.
- Understanding Extreme or Severe Weather with your Home Weather Station
- Severe weather events - when weather becomes more than a talking point. Here's how you can use your home weather station to understand and predict extreme or severe weather
- Severe Winter Weather - Storms, Freezes, and Floods
- Don't let winter weather lows get you down. Severe winter weather provides much interest for the home weather station owner when the weather closes in..
- Hot Weather - Heat Waves, Droughts, Fires and Monsoons
- Hot weather - is it heat or humidity that wears us out? Hot weather affects us most when humidity and temperatures stay high. But droughts and fires thrive on dry air.
- Introduction To Winds
- Some Of The World's Winds Have Their Own Names. It's a little confusing, but there are really only three main types.
- History of the Barometer
- The History Of The Barometer. Part 1, the Mercury Barometer. The invention of the barometer came by accident - it was developed before it's present use was thought of.
- Weathervanes Are the Oldest Type of Home Weather Station. Weathervanes combine beauty and usefulness with a long and distinguished history of weather forecasting.
- Weather Reports And Climate Information
- What Are Weather Reports And Climate Information Based On?. Here are the real sources of your weather forecasts.
- Commercial Weather Services
- Need A Fast, Clear Weather Forecast, Or Maybe Some Specialized Weather Predictions? Weather forecasts and information are among the internet's strengths.
- Weather Station Articles
- A Selection of Weather and Weather Station Articles, Collected From Around the Net
- Home Weather Station Links
- Visit these helpful home weather station links to sites with useful information on weather, weather stations, and even a little on building your own website.
- Useful Resources
- Like to know more about weather? Here are the most useful and interesting weather sites I've found (so far).
- How Are We Doing
- What weather topics and weather stations would you like to see covered on this site? What kinds of weather interest you most:?
- Watching Weather, Your Weather Station Newsletter
- Get even more out of your home weather station. Subscribe to Watching Weather , your free monthly newsletter full of weather news and helpful articles
- Home Weather Stations Guide Site Map
- The Home Weather Stations Guide Site Map - What's Included In The Home Weather Stations Guide And Where To Find It.
- Weather Thoughts - Occasional Articles About Weather.
- A page for occasional articles about some aspect of weather that doesn't quite fit in the subject matter of the rest of the site.
- Recent Home Weather Station News
- The Weathercam of the Future - Full panoramic views, 25 megapixel resolution: very nice, but beyond the range of most home weather station owners.
- Home Weather Stations Auction Index
- Ebay Weather Station Auctions Home Weather Stations and related products are always on sale at eBay.
- Home Weather Stations Blog
- Home Weather Stations Blog keeps you up to date with all changes and new pages as they happen. Subscribe now!